Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Our own Personal Heat Wave!

Well a week or so ago, we were able to experience our own Personal Heat Wave. Our air conditioner went out on our home.
At first i just thought i was hot because I'm pregnant. then i went to go look at the Thermostat, and it read 82 degrees! I guess the air hadn't come on for like 4-5 hours before i realized it.
Luckily we are renting, and our owners decided to put a new unit on!!! Yeah!!! but we had to wait a couple days. So we went and camped out in my parents basement for a few days.... in the mean time, we didn't go home for a few days, and i totally forgot about my flowers..... i lost more than half of them.







They got a huge truck Crane over, (which by the way was really cool to watch) then the crane got the old one down,



the new one up,



and it was malfunctioning!!!! So they had to call back the huge Crane, and wait for a new unit, and put it on. I just felt bad for them, but they were saying they are used to the heat, i cant imagine that to be true, but this is all when it was about 107 degrees outside. (might of been a bit cooler than that, it was still only 10am by this point.) But all the while i was there waiting.... the new inside thermostat read 90 degrees,
the the air conditioning guy said, that is probably as high as it reads, and is probably hotter. So for the last hour i spent in my car with the air on. It was a fun little weekend. It took our home about 12 hours to get down to 76 degrees. But we are here and cool and Happy. And my flowers, or what is left of them, are trying to survive.

5 comments:

Carl and Starla said...

Oh, that is rough! We had that happen to us when we lived in Vegas-& I was pregnant too! Not fun...but like you at least we were renting at the time and so we didn't have to pay. I just keep praying that nothing major like that happens to this home since we actually own it! Anyway, I hope that the rest of your summer days are much, much cooler!

Sassy said...

We had that happen here as well...not fun!!!!! We ALL hated each other it was so flipping hot...your poor flowers and poor you..both a little wilted for sure...STAY COOL GIRL!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

I gave up on my flowers awhile ago.. don't know if I'll put any new ones in.. its just too hot.

Great on the new AC- I'm sure ours will go soon, it has limped on for a long time.. I think original to our house built more than 30 years ago..

Aileena said...

That's so depressing - sorry about your flowers. That really is difficult - I got to ask, though - why didn't you just go to your Mom's house while they were switching everything out? That's hard. We are currently living without an AC - so it is inside whatever it is outside. Fortunately that doesn't exceed about 85 degrees, but the humidity is almost unbearable :( we love you guys and miss you

Tanya Leigh said...

Wow, we totally just had the same experience! We love landlords!:) Ours, however is on the ground, so no need for a super-cool crane ;)

Coy toughed it out w/ his bro at home while they replaced it & said it got up to 110 in the house! Ick. Funny enough, we KEEP our house at 85 degrees! (this house must have magical powers to make it not feel the sauna it should be) Promise! It's not even bad!