Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hyrum's on two wheels



Jaron decided one evening to take off Hyrum's training wheels. I (sadly) was totally against it due to it making more work for me, having to run behind the bike and hold him up. Jaron kept saying that Hyrum could do it, and that we need to challenge him. Again was not liking the idea. So Jaron removed the training wheels and also the pedals... WHAT, the pedals...? Ya, Jaron had Hyrum coast on the bike, with his feet being able to touch the ground and learned to balance and push his bike. It was super smart of Jaron to do. So for an evening Hyrum road/coasted his bike all around. That following night Jaron put back on the petals and Hyrum was riding his bike and Hasn't looked back.



Originally Hyrum was very hesitant about riding with out training wheels but daddy assured him, and he went for it. Way to go Hyrum. You are growing up way toooooo fast. I love you sweet boy.

6 comments:

Kelly M said...

Go Hyrum!! That's awesome! I like the no pedals idea. . . maybe we'll try that out when we get to that point.

Jayne said...

That is so cool! Way to go, Hyrum!

Tanya Leigh said...

Genius! I have seen special no-pedal bikes, but my non-mechanic mind wouldn't have figured that out. PERFECT! - Training wheels are a pain anyway ;)

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Hmm, have not heard of taking off the pedals.. good thought!

Kerrie said...

Way to go Hyrum! I'm not surprised at all! Great ideas! I"ll have to try that.

Kerrie said...

Way to go Hyrum! I'm not surprised at all! Great ideas! I"ll have to try that.