Sunday, October 12, 2008

No Satellite ... WHAT!



We have decided to make a big life decision, we got rid of our Satellite, and go with out TV/Cable/Satellite. It took us while to really make this decision, but we are in our first week. I will let you know how it goes.

We were just tired of watching All the TV. We had DVR recorder and it seemed that we watched more TV with it, then we did before, just on our own time. Don't get me wrong we LOVE the DVR and would recommend it to anyone, But we were just watching so much TV, we decided to just go Cold Turkey. Not even Antenna. Not till later.

We are going to do movies on the weekends and sometime down the road rent to seasons of the Shows we want to watch.

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Good luck with no TV. It is a hard thing. Jon and I went without it for 2 years in Ohio. You end up watching a lot more movies, but definitely a lot less TV. Probably something that we could use...less TV. Savannah is addicted to cartoons, and it is always the first question out of her mouth in the morning, "Can I watch cartoons?" Even on some mornings when she gets woke up way too early and could use some more sleep. Anyways, the hardest part I found was when the house is really quiet and you just want to relax for a few minutes, folding clothes or something, it's always nice to be able to turn the news on. So, good luck!

Heather said...

We unplugged the TV awhile ago because EVERYONE was watching way too much. It has now since been plugged back in, but that little while when we didn't have it was so great. We found so many better things to do and got a lot more accomplished. It was hard at first, but then we really enjoyed not having it. Maybe I should unplug it again. Good luck!

Kim and Adam said...

Adam & I have been trying to decide to get rid of the cable, but we are on a 2 year contract. Since Adam got baptized we don't watch a whole lot of TV anyways, mostly just sports and cartoons, so we want to get rid of it just to save money and cause there is alot of garbage on the TV. So way to go!

Lisa said...

Good for you. It's hard. You get itchy at night for wanting something to watch. Be strong.

You'll love it eventually.

Jayne said...

Good for you! It's amazing what you can do with your time when you don't watch too much TV.

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Wait ago! We have been married for over 5 years and have only had t.v. for a year during this time. And that was a few years ago. I love not having it. There is so much garbage on now a days. We just watch video's. We have Netflix and the Internet...and you can watch t.v. shows online now too. But it helps us to spend way more time togther as a family and outdoors alot when it is not to hot! Your family will be blessed for doing this. I feel that our home has a sweeter spirit about it with out having the T.V.

camicoff said...

You rock!! It is interesting how all those little hours in front of the tube add up. So what are you doing to occupy your time? J/K Two cute little boys would definitely be enough to occupy the time!!!

Mom2BJM(Amy) said...

Ack! Good for you. Here we have never been able to do it...

However, I am really sick of Hannah Montana and the Suite Life, and many of THOSE shows... I'm making the girls turn it off, and try to find something ELSE educational to watch.

Good luck!