Saturday, October 6, 2007

Craft Corner...!


So here is one of my crazy craft accomplishements... this was originally a fall garland, that my friend gave me,(which i had not use for) and i took it and bent it into a wreath shape. then added the fall flowers from Michaels and some red glass beads as berries. the Bow was a task in itself... i could decided between polka dots (which are my FaV) and the sparkly sheer. so i went with both. and then added a few more strands for flavor. i was excited when it actually looked good. Yeah projects....


Here is project "Rescue". This awesome chair was in my neighbors garbage can. (right on top...luckly) and they put their can out a day early so i saw it sitting there on top... so when i went out to go get my mail, i casually walked by and examened the chair. Structurely fine, not breaks, just nasty with areas of mold and the finish (originally light pine color) was chipped and splintered...... So late that night, i went and snagged it. Dumpster Diving is a "guilty pleasure"! But i had the chair for a few weeks in my backyard... then sanded it and spray painted it.... AND it is like new. and Awesome!!! Hyrum loves to read books and sit and watch tv in it. Thank you neighbors !

The Red one says "Believe"with a fancy Scrolly "B" the the other says "Give Thanks"
The other night i was able to go to my Sis-in-law Carley's best friends Malissa Homemaking Night. and i told her to "sign me up for everthing"!!! it was holiday crafts and i have none. and two of the projects didnt get finished so you get to see those on a later post. but here is a H for Hyrum, and the glass blocks for Halloween time and Thanksgiving and Christmas. Those were awesome and took like 5 mins. they have Vinyl lettering. that lettering is just awesome and totally perfessional looking! GO CRAFTS!!! and Malissa for signing me up, and for Carley for telling me about it. I had a Blast, met some awesome ladies.









14 comments:

kristen said...

So CUTE!!! I love being crafty.

kristen said...

Oh. btw, I think every time I come to your page "You Are Loved" is the song that plays. It totally makes me cry every time. Thanks.

Kelly M said...

Hey Aileen- this is Kelly Mear- I found your blog through Steph Cook's blog. :) Um, you are awesome! I love the crafts, what great decorations! I love your blog and I LOVE you playlist- great music!

Tanya Leigh said...

SUPER JOB, Girl! I love your stuff ... I just might have to try those out :)

Leah said...

Look at you miss crafty queen! I love the "H" I want one!! So fun...thanks for sharing...and good job on that chair!

Rogers Family said...

Way cute crafts!! I had a great time at homemaking with you.. Malissa seems to always have the best crafts for there homemaking night. So I will keep you posted for the next upcoming event!! Love you girl!!!

Malissa said...

Those turned out SO great! I love em all!! I'll let you know if we do any other crafts!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

You go girl!! Everything looks great! I love to make cute stuff like that!

Shelly said...

Your crafts are awesome. I am excited because we are having our craft homemaking this weekend.....I'll have to post pics too!

I love that wreath!

Deanne Wahl said...

You are so dang cute! And I want one of those wreaths! Alan was so excited when I showed him your blog. He says Hi! We definately do need to get together. And I want to know more about your bracelets. I want just silver matching for my two girls! Laters

Sarah said...

I love the crafts - totally stinkin cute!! I wish I had more time to be crafty! Oh well, someday!

Kristy said...

Hey Aileen, it is me....the blog stalker! It was fun meeting you and making crafts and talking vampire chat!! I drove through your totally cute neighborhood, but I didn't see any for rent. That was a bummer. If you hear of any or see one come up will you let me know? Thanks....they are so cute.

~aileen~jaron~ said...

You are the first person i will tell when i see a for rent sign. ANd happy hunting till then :)

Kerrie said...

Love your crafts! I'll have to check them out when i return your book soon. I'm halfway through it! Way to be crafty girl! They all look great!