Monday, October 8, 2007

Precious Life

I just received word about a dear friend from High School who was killed in a head-on collision this morning. For those of you who knew Tim Filichia, you know how much of a genuine, Christlike example he was to us all. Susie Hall put it this way: "It just goes to show that he really was too good for this world." And since he was single, another friend said, "The girls up there are going to be really happy to see him!" The Lord must have some special work for him to do. We're all going to miss him, and our prayers go out to his family. This news really makes the talk from General Conference yesterday on 'living like it was your last day' so much more real. Life is too precious to let words of love get put off until 'tomorrow'; as if we have a say in whether tomorrow will come for us or not.

I'll update when I learn about the funeral date.

7 comments:

Rogers Family said...

You should be a motivational speaker. THat just gave me the chills. When my cousin passed away it really was a reality check on how precious life and family is. And you are right you never know when your last day will be. So live like everyday is your last. I love you girl. And we really enjoyed Hyrum at the pumpkin patch with us.

Leah said...

Aileen
I am so sorry to hear this. Your words were very sweet. I will be praying for his family and you...hugs!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

I am so sorry to hear the bad news! You really said some sweet things about him! My prayers are with everyone that cared for him. LY!!

Malissa said...

I'm glad to see he has some nice friends that loved him alot. Another friendly reminder to live everyday like it is your last. Well put!

Shelly said...

I heard that too. SO sad. You did a very lovely tribute. He was such a great guy.

Anonymous said...

Leeney, A) I can't read anything on your front page - that floral patchwork thing does creepy things to my eyes - I suggest you change it. B) I love you - you are one of my very best friends in the whole world, and I want you to know that. I'm so grateful for you and Jaron and the huge influence the two of you have had on my life. Let me know how the services go this weekend. See you - Rick

Heidi said...

I miss you too! It has been forever since we have played together. I want to come and craft with you!
Hyrum is so cute. You guys are back in AZ, aren't you?