Saturday, October 27, 2007

Priorities

It's an interesting time in life, when a person in your life passes away. You gain so much Perspective on life. Where you are at. Where your going. How would you have left those you love behind. Where are your Priorities now. AND i have come to the conclusion that i am not were i want to be. My Priorities are some what backward. And my current train of thoughts have been derailed. I haven't posted in a while because every thing just seems so trivial ... In comparison to my last few posts. I know that life should go on after someone you loved has died....but should it go on in the same fashion, just as before? Or is this a time to reflect and do some prioritizing, goal setting, and should or can this be a accelerate for change!?

With conference feeling so long ago, but i remember some talks that were just for me, and i was wondering when the person speaking was actually going to call out my name in chastisement, or in pleading :) i was ready to change. Then my good friend being killed, brought reality back. This life is SO Precious. This life is our time to SHINE! This is were we need to learn and work and grow! So what do i do now.....? how do i start.....? One thing at a time. "And through small and simple things,... will grow that which is GREAT!"(D&C, it was in the Relief Society Message this month). Thank you to all i know and love. You are so Dear to me. Thank you for loving me and being a friend despite.... me :) .

4 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Aileen, you are such a sweetheart. Thanks for your uplifting thoughts. Conference was so great (Your comments about waiting for them to call out your name ;) amen!

I'm buckling down for my & coy's talks Sunday :P Thanks for starting my study time off perfectly :)

Shelly said...

That was my favorte quote from the RS message this month. It reminds me that we don't become perfect overnight....its little things day by day. You are a great example!

Rogers Family said...

I love you girl!! You have such a sweet spirit about you!!

Malissa said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I think people must die that are close to us, for us to realize how important it is for us to be doing what is right. I couldn't have said it better myself. Let us know what you're doing and changing so I can copy you, sometimes I can't think!! You have a great attitude about life!!